Need REI Funds?
All the Funds You Need
Get It Here Now!

--------------------------
Get Paid For Deals
Free Live Training!
Get Started Now!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2017, 06:28:58 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Free Monthly Update
Name:
Email:
Need REI Funds?
All the Funds You Need
Get It Here Now!

--------------------------
Get Paid For Deals
Free Live Training!
Get Started Now!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2017, 06:28:58 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Free Monthly Update
Name:
Email:
Click Here to Register for the Discussion Forums
Real Estate Investing Forums | Real Estate Investing | Bird Dogs, Wholesaling, Flipping Properties Forum (Moderators: $Cash$, Bluemoon06, kdhastedt, Mdhaas) | Topic: Not getting results yet
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Not getting results yet  (Read 2246 times)
Newbie1968

« on: April 18, 2017, 02:30:02 AM »

I have been writing yellow letters for homes on the sheriff sale list for 4 months now sending consistently 20-30 per week to homes in my county.  I am having poor success.  Any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I am starting to get discouraged.
Report to moderator   Logged
InvestorBill

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 07:29:32 AM »

What does your message say? Some things work better than others.
Newbie1968

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 09:14:43 PM »

My message is simple

Hi My name is Lee and I want to
                BUY
your home 123 Durie Ave
Pleasecall me at 222 222 22222
Thanks
Lee
Randoskie

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 12:11:34 PM »

Hey Newbie, who exactly are you sending these letters or post cards to, Sheriff's sales? Is that houses that are headed to auction?
It might be too late to buy those houses and the owners were probably already evicted by the banks.

I've had my best luck sending to absentee owners. You can buy a list of those from listsource or listgiant.
It's expensive, 10 to 15 cents per name and you may have to buy a minimum of 5,000 With postage and supplies it can be a ball buster.
I recommend starting off by recruiting bird dogs and the bandit signs and driving the lower income neighborhoods yourself at first.

My first direct mail campaign cost me $4,000, I got one deal that paid $2,000  Luckily I was too dumb to quit and after I learned how to spot a deal and with some negotiation skills my next campaigns were more profitable.

Good luck, and never give up..

rando
WolfHouse

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 01:54:57 PM »

I second the absentee owners.

And if you're getting discouraged, just remember the framework is simple...

a) Fish in the right pond (audience)
b) Fish with the right bait (message)

realestatelayne

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 03:14:37 AM »

Don't get down on yourself for not getting any deals yet. This business takes time. You've already shown you have what it takes just by starting. Most people wouldn't even have enough courage to do that. keep the faith, i mean whats the alternative, quit? there no reward in quitting. But it if continue on you'll have better chance to achieve your goal
mcprops

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2017, 06:44:15 AM »

20-30 per week to homes in my county

10- 20 a week is not enough. It's a numbers game and you should try to send a least 10/ day.

I hand write my envelopes and try to send 20/ day. It's a lot of work, but worth it.

Persistence pays off, don't be discouraged. If you work past the point were you want to give up, success is right around the corner
Myershomesolutions

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2017, 03:35:27 AM »

Keep up the hard work!
Dmccright

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2017, 01:36:37 PM »

Hey Newbie, who exactly are you sending these letters or post cards to, Sheriff's sales? Is that houses that are headed to auction?
It might be too late to buy those houses and the owners were probably already evicted by the banks.

I've had my best luck sending to absentee owners. You can buy a list of those from listsource or listgiant.
It's expensive, 10 to 15 cents per name and you may have to buy a minimum of 5,000 With postage and supplies it can be a ball buster.
I recommend starting off by recruiting bird dogs and the bandit signs and driving the lower income neighborhoods yourself at first.

My first direct mail campaign cost me $4,000, I got one deal that paid $2,000  Luckily I was too dumb to quit and after I learned how to spot a deal and with some negotiation skills my next campaigns were more profitable.

Good luck, and never give up..

rando

Most are tax deed list and have a hand full of absentee homes on them.
Dmccright

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2017, 03:06:38 PM »

This is my advice since I have a bit of time. What is a poor response? Are you getting the letters back? No letters back? What envelopes are you using?

My other advice is to reword your letter. In any situation where big government is breathing down there spine you need a call to action.

Dear. Mr.seller

Your home has just been added to the boobadoodle County tax sale list. I can help by putting money in your pocket and selling that house before the government does! Act now or you may lose out and get nothing for yourself.

Your friend,
Damon
Dmccright

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2017, 09:06:01 AM »

I'm about to do a tax sell campaign so I got my juices flowing. I attack it this way most times because there is a bunch of useless properties on there.

Dear. Mr. Seller

You have been added to incognito County tax list. If you don't pay your taxes the county will sell your property at auction for penny's on the dollar. Let me pay your tax debt and get that burden off your back by selling your property.

Call me at:555-5555 and ask for Damon

Hurry up or the government may have already sold your property!

I make a offer on all prospects. Sometimes I get told to pound sand but it's a numbers game.
ThePropertyWhiz

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2017, 01:45:34 PM »

Who are you mailing to?  You can get a few deals doing 20-30 a week, but it has to be an audience that isn't already getting bombarded by mailings. 

Dmccright

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2017, 09:08:24 PM »

Who are you mailing to?  You can get a few deals doing 20-30 a week, but it has to be an audience that isn't already getting bombarded by mailings. 

It's the free tax sale list of what ever county he is in. Probably not the easiest list to find sellers.
Pages: [1]
Print 
Real Estate Investing Forums | Real Estate Investing | Bird Dogs, Wholesaling, Flipping Properties Forum (Moderators: $Cash$, Bluemoon06, kdhastedt, Mdhaas) | Topic: Not getting results yet
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length