Need REI Funds?
All the Funds You Need
Get It Here Now!

--------------------------
Get Paid For Deals
Free Live Training!
Get Started Now!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2017, 03:02:07 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Free Monthly Update
Name:
Email:
Need REI Funds?
All the Funds You Need
Get It Here Now!

--------------------------
Get Paid For Deals
Free Live Training!
Get Started Now!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2017, 03:02:07 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Free Monthly Update
Name:
Email:
Click Here to Register for the Discussion Forums
Real Estate Investing Forums | Real Estate Investing | Bird Dogs, Wholesaling, Flipping Properties Forum (Moderators: $Cash$, Bluemoon06, kdhastedt, Mdhaas) | Topic: Make the Gringo squeal like a Pig.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Make the Gringo squeal like a Pig.  (Read 548 times)
Randoskie

« on: October 05, 2017, 09:43:45 PM »

I got the call I was hoping for, a 3/1 farm house out in the Country. I had offered the elderly owners 80,000 Cash. That's more than I wud usually offer, but this place has 2 1/2 acres. I believe the ARV is about 120-140K
The sellers son calls and he says they will sell for the 80 Grand.
I was optimistic I cud sell this, I place a few ads on Craig's List for 99K and in 24 hours I had 3 calls. A buyer named Pablo calls and wants to meet me pronto at the house. He had already been there and had called several times. When I arrived Pablo was already there, a big friendly Mexican guy and driving a nice truck. We shook hands and I noticed he had soft hands.
As we stood in front of the house I noticed a small kid riding a small bike and kinda pacing back and forth around Pablo's vehicle. Pablo kept talking and I diverted my attention to this bike rider. This was not a kid, it was a small Mexican guy, maybe in his 20's, he kept his head down not making any eye contact and I noticed he was dirty looking with second hand clothes. This guy had a mean look. I remember thinking, where did this guy come from bcuz I didn't see any nearby houses.
Pablo and I started walking the property and it was a good walk thru tall dry weeds to the back fence. We cudnt open the door on the house.
But Pablo says he wants it, he has 20K in cash and he can get his bank to fund this cuz he has good credit, I told him a bank probably wont loan on a house in this condition. I handed my Assignment him to sign for a 15K fee.
He then takes a photo and calls his son and they start jabbering in Spanish. I decided to check out the abandoned house next door that I had seen previously on google maps while checking out this place.
The place looked abandoned sort of, but the long road leading to the old mobile home was too clean. The area around the mobile was cleared, everywhere else had knee high dry weeds. I noticed a Do Not Enter Unsafe to Occupy sign on the door.
I moved towards a window that was broken out and stuck my head in.
I looked from left to right and yep it looked trashed. I looked across the room to another window and looking thru I seen some green, I focused on some huge cannabis plants and it looked like a lot of them and well into flowering. My first reaction was holy shitsky, and I started to walk around the side and seen a big fence maybe 30' long of 4/8 sheets of wafer boards standing on end.
I looked to my right and seen a car backed into and under a tree with just the front hood showing.
That's when I thought I better get the hell out of Dodge. As I walked down the long driveway I cud feel eyes on me, I imagined this gang of Mexican gangbangers jumping me and making me squeal, or worse.
I get back out to the road and Pablo said he was going to check with the bank and we drove away.
Later I started getting a better picture of the situation, this bike rider was checking us out, he was there protecting this crop.
Blindly walking into a dangerous situation. Just glad to get outta there with no damage. And I didn't have to squeal like a pig.
Report to moderator   Logged
Gary Parker

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 01:50:04 PM »

WOW that is crazy!
Report to moderator   Logged

Happy Investing
Gary
Pages: [1]
Print 
Real Estate Investing Forums | Real Estate Investing | Bird Dogs, Wholesaling, Flipping Properties Forum (Moderators: $Cash$, Bluemoon06, kdhastedt, Mdhaas) | Topic: Make the Gringo squeal like a Pig.
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length