Buy Real Estate w/
No $ or Credit!
FREE Kit Now!

--------------------------
Hard Money Lenders
You Need To Be Listed
Click Here Now!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 21, 2015, 08:06:17 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Free Monthly Update
Name:
Email:
Buy Real Estate w/
No $ or Credit!
FREE Kit Now!

--------------------------
Hard Money Lenders
You Need To Be Listed
Click Here Now!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 21, 2015, 08:06:17 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Free Monthly Update
Name:
Email:
Click Here to Register for the Discussion Forums
Real Estate Investing Forums | Real Estate Investing | Rehabbing, Landlording Forum (Moderators: $Cash$, Bluemoon06, kdhastedt, Mdhaas, motivatedceo) | Topic: Tub: Glazing pros and cons
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Tub: Glazing pros and cons  (Read 13237 times)
JeffInCT

« on: April 24, 2006, 11:33:24 AM »

Can you folks share the pros and cons and costs of reglazing a bath tub?  Is there anything I should know about when I talk the the guy so I can talk intelligently with him?

Thanks,

Jeff

Report to moderator   Logged

I am a student of Carelton Sheets no money down technique. I always like to hear from other Sheets students. http://www.jyrentals.com
NikkiB

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 01:09:27 PM »

I just got two of my tubs done and it looks goo, just like new. I have not had any complaints as of yet!
DDavis

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 04:58:59 PM »

Jeff, the only con I can think of is price.  I priced a reglaze vs. a new tub and it was cheaper to install a new tub since I was replacing the tile surround anyway.  On a 5 ft. tub, they wanted $350 to 400 to reglaze it.  Ouch!
ND Investor

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 05:49:27 PM »

I have seen some homes where there is a pink cast iron tub and the only way to get it out is to tear down a wall.  That's going to be a lot more expensive.  A friend of mine has a tub refinishing company and there is a lot of profit built into that price.  Let the guy know that your budget will only allow $300 and see what he says.

NDI
Rayh78

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 08:33:26 PM »

Quote from: ND Investor
I have seen some homes where there is a pink cast iron tub and the only way to get it out is to tear down a wall.  That's going to be a lot more expensive.  A friend of mine has a tub refinishing company and there is a lot of profit built into that price.  Let the guy know that your budget will only allow $300 and see what he says.

NDI

Any cast iron tub is easy to get out. You just hit hard enough with a sledge hammer and it breaks into pieces. Easy one man job beside the cleanup of the little pieces.
If steel tub cut with a sawall with a good blade.

If I am selling then I reglaze if holding property long term, then I replace.
FUTUREREILEGEND

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 11:17:49 AM »

I a refinisher and the only thing you need to know is that refinishers will accept a negotiated price rather than just walk away. Tell them you need it done for $300 and then if they balk at that....then look for another refinisher.

Here's the secret to the refinishing biz: "Get a owner/operator....not a refinishing company!" The companies have plenty of business usually they won't budge, however the single man operation will usually take what they can get."

Personally, I refinish tubs for $245 all the time even though I advertise at $325.

Good Luck.

Brandon Roberts
I BUY TUBS
baljp@yahoo.com
WGGJR

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 11:55:10 AM »

Has anyone tried the repair kit from home depot. It only costs $30 and could save you a bundle, buy I'm not sure how well it works because I have never used it.

Here is a thread from another site on the subject:
http://www.hometalkers.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-2932.html

Weldon

Jr
ND Investor

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 12:06:46 PM »

I have tried it and I would not recommend it.  The finish is far from what a proffessional would charge.  I have heard of the finish peeling off after a period of time.

NDI
Pages: [1]
Print 
Real Estate Investing Forums | Real Estate Investing | Rehabbing, Landlording Forum (Moderators: $Cash$, Bluemoon06, kdhastedt, Mdhaas, motivatedceo) | Topic: Tub: Glazing pros and cons
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length