Need $ For Deals?
Get Unlimited Funding
Click Here Now!

--------------------------
Hard Money Lenders
You Need To Be Listed
Click Here Now!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 15, 2018, 05:03:57 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Free Monthly Update
Name:
Email:
Need $ For Deals?
Get Unlimited Funding
Click Here Now!

--------------------------
Hard Money Lenders
You Need To Be Listed
Click Here Now!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 15, 2018, 05:03:57 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Free Monthly Update
Name:
Email:
Click Here to Register for the Discussion Forums

Author Topic: PPC or Organic SEO?  (Read 19855 times)

Offline lillygilmore

• REI Wired
PPC or Organic SEO?
« on: June 02, 2010, 10:54:17 pm »
Which one would you go for?
The Future of Real Estate Investing

Offline internet_guru33

Re: PPC or Organic SEO?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 11:56:26 pm »
I go for Organic SEO.  Though it is the most time consuming, and the most tedious method of optimization for placement and rankings.
But if done properly, it can literally promote increased traffic and rankings for years.

Offline Carlson

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 06:14:25 pm »
It really depends on your target market, your budget, and what terms you want to show up for.

Organic listings have been shown to receive a far higher clickthrough rate. And, sometimes the work you do can last for a fairly long time. The exception to this is if you're in a highly competitive field (like insurance), where other people might also be doing SEO work done on their site.

Do  your homework for SEO. There's a lot of snakeoil and outright incorrect information out there.

PPC, if done incorrectly, can be like opening your wallet over a drain. You need to be ready to spend a chunk of time testing, testing, and testing again. If you do this, you can definitely achieve a result. Normally for longer phrases that the big boys aren't bidding on. If you don't test, you're going to be overpaying for keywords that don't convert.  Once again, how competitive your market is plays a big role.  It is unlikely you're going to see a decent ROI (or any) if you have to pay $1.25/click.

In both cases, you're also going to need to look into testing landing pages and site conversion rates. PPC offers the advantage of being able to do this quickly. The downside is that when you stop paying, the traffic stops coming.

All in all, they both require a large time commitment to do properly.

If your business has a physical address, and largely deals with local clients, you may want to look into local search SEO. (Search on Google for it, you'll get more information that I can provide here).

Offline leasimpsons

• Rehab Real Estate - The Ultimate Real Estate Investing Guide
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 02:34:48 am »
PPC is too costly. I would suggest you go for Organic SEO. However, sn SEO strategy is built up over time, it should reduce the cost-per-click price of a combined strategy. If a site ranks well for expensive terms, then you may be able to switch PPC bidding away from these terms and use the funds on covering other terms.
-----------The Ulitmate Real Estate Investing Guide---------

Offline Little-Spectrum

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 10:34:10 am »
A mix is a good idea. 85% of Google users skips the PPC ads and look only at organic, however for decent SEO work to imrpove organic results you are talking about time and $$$.

Go with both, jump on the PPC to get some instant results and use organic SEO to slowly build up your profile on the web. Remember as well proper SEO (not just mass link spamming and such) effects all search engines and should also bring you in valuable traffic from where the link is.

Offline azcactus

• Scottsdale Real Estate
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 01:03:14 pm »
If you're not ranking well for keywords that are likely to convert in your market, use ppc to generate instant leads. At the same time start educating yourself regarding SEO so that ultimately you will rank for the terms you want and not have to use ppc. My .02

Offline Bahi

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 04:54:17 am »
i'll go for organic SEO ofcourse it's more beneficial  & less money

Offline Delondon

• Wholesaling Real Estate 101
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 08:35:11 am »
SEO is always the best way to go. Once you get your site indexed in to the search engines, you will be getting free traffic for life. Just make sure you keyword everything right. If you are using wordpress, make sure you get the cool SEO plugin "All in one SEO." :bobble

Offline phoenixagent

• Phoenix Real Estate
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 04:37:03 am »
If you got budget to spend and you know how to run a PPC program, I highly recommend ppc for faster results. But do not disregard SEO because it can also help to give you higher return of investments.

Offline Delondon

• Wholesaling Real Estate 101
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2010, 06:41:39 am »
Good stuff. Most people that are interested in real estate are not also well informed in the IM world. When it comes to targeting keywords with your PPC campaign, you have to be very targeted, and this takes some testing etc..... so as a newbie, you are going to have to spend some dough to get the ball running with a successful ppc campaign.

Offline Brett_S

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2010, 06:51:50 am »
SEO's results will not be immediate, but they will be more reliable and last for far longer, which is the perfect business model for any company: Excellent results with zero expenses.

Offline taxlienadvisor

• SEO America
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2010, 04:59:30 pm »
Go organic - this way when you SEO you are actually optimizing your website. & your business simultaneously.

pay-per-click is really just advertising. When your money runs out, your ad goes away. you also risk your competitors simply clicking on your link and deleting your funds in the account.

organic SEO will stay with you. Once you've established a high ranking web-presence, consumers looking for you will find you, and you never have to pay any money unless you want to further increase your Google ranking.

Also a real estate company that has a dynamic Google ranking is worth far more than a comparable company with a low or no ranking (just in case you WANT or NEED to sell your company at some point)
Michael R Callahan
Tax Defaulted Property Advisor
http://SEOAmerica.us

Offline kristinerussell44

• Internet Marketing Australia
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2010, 08:28:27 pm »
Will go for organic SEO, slowly but surely!  :biggrin

Offline amasters321

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2010, 11:17:21 am »
It depends on whether you can make a consistent profit w/ PPC. If you can, then you can quickly scale up. On the other hand, if the ROI isn't there because the CPC is too high then organic SEO is the only way to go. Of course, if you can operate a profitable PPC campaign then why not add organic SEO. You could also try to geo target your audience. For example, here in Indianapolis, Indiana I might try to add the term "Indianapolis" to my primary keywords to get more targeted traffic.

Offline fadi

• Fadi Zeidan's Blog
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2010, 11:41:55 pm »
Go with PPC. I've bought few houses using PPC, and when I turn off PPC I hardly get any hits.
http://www.fadizeidan.com - All About Marketing Blog - A Must Read

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines