Press Releases

Flip Houses Using Our $
Training,Bus&POF Included!
Click Here Now!

--------------------------
Great Cash Flow
With Less Risk
Click Here Now!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 01:57:11 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Free Monthly Update
Name:
Email:
Click Here to Register for the Discussion Forums
Real Estate Investing Forums  |  Real Estate Investing  |  Carlton Sheets, Beginners, Courses, Gurus, General Forum (Moderators: $Cash$, Bluemoon06, kdhastedt, Mdhaas, motivatedceo)  |  Topic: Networking Forum - Need Your Input, Please « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Networking Forum - Need Your Input, Please  (Read 4811 times)
Caciano

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2011, 07:15:34 PM »

Well we need to spand so many opportunities networking is important an critical! To see the big picture of investing every investor count everi investor is acreator of jobs ! Help the economy by having a place we can connect share apply techniques innovation ideas all count if we really care abut America and we can succeeded with people!! Networking interaction is key !! Lest hep America Go forward !! By helping make money !! Achive succeess share the sycceess we need every possible lead,proyect,buyer,partners ,investing , is a creation of deals and make thing work to help us and help our country!!
Report to moderator   Logged
jhstevens

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2011, 09:33:00 PM »

I think that is a great idea.  Giving people easier ways to network is always beneficial on every side. 
Hughes Investments

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2011, 12:30:29 PM »

Would be awesome.
Seankm21

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2011, 01:09:42 PM »

Tim,
I think it is a great idea and would welcome it, but don't think it will actually fly. Here's why. Of all the responses that you have received (including this one) are from people that are relatively new to the forums and probably investing itself. They are looking to build their network.
Other than yourself, I think the largest number of posts from the people replying was somewhere around 20. It is people like me seeking the guidance and direction and mentorship. There does not seem to be responses from the seasoned pros saying it is a good idea. Most of them have their power teams all set up and are cruising along just fine and maybe aren't interested in having some of their market being taken up by other potential investors. Yes there are lots and lots of deals available for many investors (new and old) but it may be a mind set or an unwillingness to teach a protege. Part of the reason that we got into this business was to be able to have the lifestyle that we want, work when we want, travel when we want, etc. Once that is happening and the passive income is rolling in, then there may be a tendancy to go and live the way we want and not nessesarily provide all of the well developed and trusted relationships to someone else. I know that when I get there, I will give back to the next generation of people who want the lifestyle freedom, that I am enjoying.
P.S we need more Canadian content active on here in the form of information and people. Hopefully this will help.
properties4u

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2011, 04:12:00 PM »

Networking is always a good idea, but I think it should be categorized to maximize efforts for everyone....thanks!  biggrin
JudyL

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2011, 09:12:39 AM »

Hi,

I think this would be great.

Also, would it be possible to have buyers list their purchasing criteria and locations.

Thanks very much, Judy
themoneycenter

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2011, 10:24:48 AM »

This could be most helpful in today's market.
I would not break it up too much -- 5 regions perhaps.  I doubt that would even be necessary in the beginning.
With the Brady Net investment forums being taken over by spammers and shut down, this type of forum is thin on the ground, and needed
 I have years of experience in deal structuring, creative finance, etc, and am willing to spend some time mentoring newbies.
I was mentored in the beginning---- it is time to pass it on.....
Lenoreinnh

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2011, 11:50:40 AM »

beer  Great idea! State listing would be a good idea to those of us that are new to this business.
birddog92

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2011, 07:07:17 AM »

That is a fantastic idea! You should categorize it by state then by county for us to leave property info. Let personal contact info be kept through your inbox if it is not already visible by their profile. Looking forward to networking on an even greater level here.
Bay Area Brian

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2011, 09:55:38 AM »

An idea like this always sounds good but in reality has the tendency to start out fine and then begins to fizzle out and seldom get used. I would just like info over by the user such as the name of the place they are specifically active and have knowledge about placed there permanently, and the ability to reach them if they have placed a indicator over there also that shows it is OK to contact them, plus the ability to place a real request in a regular forum without being removed.

We don't need another forum, if anything some of what already exists seem like they could be combined with others where the subject matter seems to be in the same ballpark over time. Big deal if the forum isn't exactly what one reader wants, he may only want info on short sales done on Tuesdays in Jersey by people with names starting with C, so he needs a separate forum for that?
EPCioffi

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2011, 10:29:51 AM »

I like the idea.  Networking helps people build their wealth.  It is usually mutually beneficial!
crwiggins

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2011, 10:08:48 AM »

Having been reading, studying, attending seminars, etc. I am still lost in trying to get into this business.  I do know that I would like to focus on wholesaling since it seems to be the easiest way to break into this club to learn about the business.  Because of the wholesaling having a list of investors to be able to do deaks with would be like the icing on my cake.  I welcome this opportunity to network with a list of investors so that I can learn even more on how to locate good deals.

Thumbs up on this.

Cynthia
$Cash$

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2011, 10:44:45 AM »

It has become quite apparent that the majority of posters who want this new forum to open up are posting for the first time.

Are you sure you can handle what may happen?

Lucius Foster “aka” Lufos

Really don’t remember much about the sixties, except serving my country in the Marine Corps.  I know, I know, the old saying if you remember the nineteen sixties you weren’t there, but the Corps is something a person has a tendency not to forget.  Maybe the rest of the sixties is a little vague, however.

This is to let you know I am not some new guy giving advice to those that are just starting out.  Old sure, but my cell phone is a Droid Bionic, enjoy my Motorola Zoom and my computer has the latest i7 technology.  I do stay up with our ever changing technology and really enjoy all my electronic toys. 

Been involved in the creative real estate industry for many, many years, as a real estate investor, teacher, course writer and last but not least a Moderator on a few real estate boards for the past 10 years.

So now we move along to today’s happenings on the web.  “Networking” albeit all the social networking sites, or specifically the real estate discussion boards, which I have posted on for years.  Not always popular with those who I called out for board hustling or other infractions of the rules, but as the saying goes someone has to do it.

I will drop back a few years to 2004, when up popped a poster by the name of Lufos, actual name Lucius Forster, the father of Jody Foster the actress.  Suave, funny and made great posts to the general population of the discussion board I was on.  He was developing a following in great numbers on the board.

Then came the post that I believed he was up to more than trying to help fellow posters with his quick wit and snappy posts.

His post was about the end all of what a person should get into as far as investing, turning Cargo Containers into homes.  Here is excerpt from one of his posts:

“All of the following areas are still unselected the requirement at this time is that you live within the area.

San Diego, Galveston Texas, Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, Other areas of the country are also available but it is suggested that if you are interested you research the need for low cost housing within the area of your choice.

It is our plan to erect 30 of these dwelling which will produce to us a profit input of about $1,600,000. With those funds we will proceed to the National Expansion and from that The International Expansion.”

When looking at the post in my eyes it was blatant advertising, so because of his popularity rather than delete it, I reported it to the owner of the site saying it is an ad and needs to go, because it also reeks of being a “scam”.  I was told that “he was a great poster and had a following and the post would stay”.  I Posted in the Moderators forum and had a few other Moderators tell me basically, I did not know what I was talking about.

In a few months I started receiving private messages from members of the forum who had sent Lufos money for this great housing project; however nothing promised to them was delivered.  They were asking me for help, probably because I had taken Lufos to task in several of his posts, basically saying this program of his had a fishy odor coming from it.

I did help the posters who asked for help get a return of their money by going directly to Lufos and explaining what could happen should he not return their money.  It had to do with the law of the land, this should be explanation enough.

After my requests to Lufos for the return of these posters money he disappeared from the board and nothing more was heard from him until recently.

“Earlier this week, Lucius Fisher Foster, the estranged father of actress Jodie Foster, was convicted on 21 counts of grand theft after bilking elderly investors out of more than $150,000 in a home building scheme.

Mr. Foster, 89, faces 25 years behind bars for his crimes.

According to a report by the Washington Post , Lucius scammed 21 elderly and low-income California residents into putting $5,000 down payments on modular homes made from Chinese shipping containers. However, the homes were never built.

“Not one of these homes has ever been built in the city of Los Angeles,” Deputy City Attorney Don Cocek told the jury, according to the ContraCosta Times. “It’s all a big scam.”
In response to the allegations, Foster, who acted as his own attorney, insisted he was offering a creative solution to the affordable housing crisis when he promised to build low-cost modular homes out of cargo containers.

Fox News Reports that following his verdict, Lucius asked to be sentenced as soon as possible so he could get out and build houses to repay his victims the $200,000 he stole.

“I don’t think you get it,” judge Gregory Dohi replied. “You can never do this kind of work again.”
Foster’s sentencing, originally scheduled to take place on Thursday (Dec. 8, 2011), was pushed back a day after a transportation issue at the jail where he is being held caused him to miss the the bus to the court house.”

There are many more stories (caught one poster pulling a real estate Ponzi scheme, they also are doing time) of posters who have been caught looking for the easy money by doing a “walletectomy” on discussion board members or for that fact anywhere networking is happening.

How do we protect ourselves from this happening to us in the wonderful world of networking?

If it looks to good to be true, it probably is not true.

Fortunately on this site you have Moderators that try their best to look out for the board scammers and hustlers, not that we catch them all, but we are here for you if you need help.

John $Cash$ Locke

"If people like you they'll listen to you, but if they trust you they'll do business with you."
"Training gives knowledge, knowledge gives confidence and confidence gives victory."
Big Bucks Birddogging
ryanpal

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2011, 12:04:29 AM »

I think a networking forum would be advantageous.

my 2 cents

Hughes Investments

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2011, 05:30:53 PM »

So any updates on this?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print 
Real Estate Investing Forums  |  Real Estate Investing  |  Carlton Sheets, Beginners, Courses, Gurus, General Forum (Moderators: $Cash$, Bluemoon06, kdhastedt, Mdhaas, motivatedceo)  |  Topic: Networking Forum - Need Your Input, Please « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length