Bird Dogs Wanted!
We Need More Houses
Get Paid For Deals!

--------------------------
Hard Money Lenders
You Need To Be Listed
Click Here Now!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 25, 2017, 07:33:07 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Free Monthly Update
Name:
Email:
Bird Dogs Wanted!
We Need More Houses
Get Paid For Deals!

--------------------------
Hard Money Lenders
You Need To Be Listed
Click Here Now!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 25, 2017, 07:33:07 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Free Monthly Update
Name:
Email:
Click Here to Register for the Discussion Forums
Real Estate Investing Forums | Real Estate Investing | Sub2, Owner Finance, Options, Lease Options Forum (Moderators: $Cash$, Bluemoon06, kdhastedt, Mdhaas) | Topic: Curious on the mentality of people who buy on lease options
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Curious on the mentality of people who buy on lease options  (Read 20204 times)
Redstar1324

« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2016, 03:55:54 PM »

Never never never use your real number on bandit signs.

Why not?

Are any of these phone number services free? I'm not real high on the idea of paying for things when I haven't gotten any results yet.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 03:58:13 PM by Redstar1324 » Report to moderator   Logged
Redstar1324

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2016, 06:02:16 PM »

Here's another question, just about theory.

If it takes 25 years for a house to become deteriorated to the point that it needs to be remodelled, and only 3 months to remodel, why are there any houses on the market to remodel? Seems they all would have been taken. I know there is no shortage of people with the money to buy them.
Report to moderator   Logged
javipa

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2016, 12:49:44 AM »

Never never never use your real number on bandit signs.

Why not?

Are any of these phone number services free? I'm not real high on the idea of paying for things when I haven't gotten any results yet.

Wait.  You've been doing all sorts of things and not getting any results.  So, why would someone who's actually doing what you say you want to do, showing you how to do it, be worthy of skepticism?

BTW, a google number is free, just like a gmail.com account.  It's zero risk.  Stop making excuses for failure. 

"149 Ways (Plus One) To Find Motivated Sellers..!"  -Free Report-
>>> Click: http://sub2marketdomination.com/?p=3011
Redstar1324

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2016, 01:55:41 AM »

I just want to know the reason behind everything. Especially if I'm going to be paying for it. But apparently it's free. If I would just get ONE RESPONSE, it would boost my confidence about 1000x.

Okay, I got a Google number.

https://goo.gl/images/cFGqu5
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 02:01:31 AM by Redstar1324 » Report to moderator   Logged
Luke9686

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2016, 08:59:08 AM »

You don't need to know the reason behind everything.  It's arbitrary information that will only further your analysis paralysis...  As to the results, we already figured out the most likely cause of the lack of leads.  Your competition is pulling your signs.  When in doubt, defer to Javipa's advice.  He is much more experienced than me.  Pull his signs and put yours in.  Also put yours in places you know this investor doesn't put them.  Don't go around pulling everybody's bandit signs.  Like Pa said, people who do that have a scarcity mentality that limits their success.  They see the world as having limited opportunities and subconsciencely create their own reality.

You don't want to use your actual phone number for many reasons, code enforcement being the primary one.  It's harder to track you if you have a dummy number.

Steps for this weekend:

1.  Put signs out in an area you know this other investor doesn't
2.  Pull his signs and put yours up
3.  Order new signs with different number

For now I'd use the signs you have.  Most code enforcement will only threaten you.  They're not likely to go through the work of tracking you.
Redstar1324

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2016, 01:28:10 AM »

Just put out 25 more signs in a more affluent part of town.

How long do your friends signs stay up for? If I could afford it, I would put 10,000 signs out every weekend.
Redstar1324

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2016, 09:36:48 PM »

Just checked and every single one of them was taken down.

I can't afford to waste money on signs that are going to be taken down in one day.

Should I just pick a different part of town?

How are others able to do this and I'm not?
javipa

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2016, 10:10:32 PM »

Just put out 25 more signs in a more affluent part of town.

How long do your friends signs stay up for? If I could afford it, I would put 10,000 signs out every weekend.

Do you keep track of what you learn?

Who suggested putting signs in a more affluent areas?  Why is that a profitable idea? 

Who else is wholesaling 'affluent' areas?  You wholesale in doggy areas with nasty houses, and nasty neighbors, or better ...the worst houses in IFFY areas.  Farm where only the brave dare to farm.  Dicker where fewer want to dicker.

Whatever happened about putting signs on vacant property, long-term, and paying the owner a few bucks for the privilege?

Or putting up signs so high nobody can get to them?

Or putting up signs on Friday evening, and taking them down on Monday morning (while the bandit sign Nazis are all busy incinerating the bandit signs they collected during their weekly patrols)?

Please forgive my impatience.  I'm all for taking action, but what's with you starting over from scratch all the time ...after all our discussions and input?

Write stuff down.  Create some bandit sign guidelines.  Remember crap.  Improve.  Stop doing ignorant things.

"149 Ways (Plus One) To Find Motivated Sellers..!"  -Free Report-
>>> Click: http://sub2marketdomination.com/?p=3011
Redstar1324

« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2016, 04:07:11 AM »

Okay. I'll order 100 more signs and put them up in Sanford, FL.

Home of the George Zimmerman (who I hung out with twice before he was famous)/Trayvon Martin controversy. There are lots of crappy houses there.

Luke9686

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2016, 08:34:46 AM »

They were taken down because you put them out on a Thursday...  What hours do you suppose sign ordinance works?  I'll bet it's M-F, 8-5...
Redstar1324

« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2016, 11:36:24 AM »

Oh okay.
Mdhaas
Global Moderator

« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2016, 03:33:53 PM »

They were taken down because you put them out on a Thursday...  What hours do you suppose sign ordinance works?  I'll bet it's M-F, 8-5...

C'mon Redstar! Use your head!   rolleyes

If at first you don't succeed.....................skydiving is not for you
Redstar1324

« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2016, 10:51:11 PM »

Yea hopefully I'll have better results next time.

While we're talking about wholesaling...

What can I do with motivated sellers whose house needs no repair? I can't exactly sell it to a rehabber.

What are my options there?
Luke9686

« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2016, 11:38:04 PM »

Depends.  If you can negotiate a good enough deal then get private money to buy and retail it out.  If they owe too much, buy Sub2 and owner finance it.

Javipa has a wealth of Sub2 knowledge.
Redstar1324

« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2016, 01:10:30 AM »

Private money with 0% down payment? I don't think such a thing exists.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print 
Real Estate Investing Forums | Real Estate Investing | Sub2, Owner Finance, Options, Lease Options Forum (Moderators: $Cash$, Bluemoon06, kdhastedt, Mdhaas) | Topic: Curious on the mentality of people who buy on lease options
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length